The Museum Casa Natal de Picasso (Birthplace Museum) is located in Plaza de la Merced, in the same building in which Picasso’s parents lived and where the artist was born and begun to paint.
The collection of the Museo Casa Natal comprises almost all the creative periods of the artist from 1904 to 1971.
Nowadays a total of 84 drawings, 52 illustrated books and a catalog of 242 stamps of graphic Parisian work are kept in the museum. In addition to different objects, which belonged to Picasso, his family, and his friends, as well as photos of them.
Furthermore, Museum Casa Natal has its own educational program, which aims to bring the figure of the artist closer to its audience. The museum offers a wide range of activities, such as projections, workshops, story telling and much more.
Open: Everyday from 9:30 to 20:00 h – December 24th and 31st from 9:30 to 15:00 h.
Close: January the 1st and December 25th.
General: 3€ // General + Temporary Exhibit: 4€ Reduced: 2€ // Audioguide is included
- Members of acredited large families
- 65 years or older
- Students under 26 years old
- Participants involved with the congressional activies of University of Malaga
- Visitors under 18 (accompanied by an adult).
- Unemployed visitors.
- Visitors with physical impairments. Admission to the museum is also free for the companion assisting the physically impaired visitor, as long as this assistance is essential for the visit.
- Teachers and students in Fine Arts and History of Art.
- Staff of other museums or members of the following associations: ICOM.
- Official Tourist Guides
- Groups at risk of social exclusion or in rehabilitation.
Free Admission Days:
- Sundays from 4 pm.
- Day of Andalucía: February 28th.
- White Night (May).
- International Museum Day: May 18th.
- World Tourism Day: September 27th.
- Commemoration of Pablo Picasso’s birth: October 25th.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Welcome to Malaga Flow!
Join our mailing list to be up to date on the latest news, events and everything happening in and around the beautiful city of Málaga.
The MF Team!