Opened in 2011, the Carmen Thyssen Museum is located in Palacio de Villalón, a conversion of a XIV century building that is home of 285 art works that belong to Baroness Carmen Thyssen.
Carmen Thyssen has been an art collector since the 1980s, and Málaga is home now to her personal collection, which is different from the Thyssen family’s art collection shown at their museum in Madrid. This is focused on the different genres of 19th century Spanish painting, highlighting Andalucian works, and consists of four sections:
- Old Masters
- Romantic Landscape and Costumbrismo
- Précieux style naturalist Painting
- The Illusion of the American Frontier // Until March 19 th 2017
- Japan. Prints and Art Objects // Until April 23 rd 2017
Tuesday to Sunday from 10:00 to 20:00
Mondays (except public holidays)
Permanent Collection: 6€ General // 3,50 € Reduced
Temporary Exhibition: 4,50€ General // 2,50€ Reduced
Permanent + Temporary: 9€ General // 5€ Reduced
- Visitors over 65 years old and pensioners
- Visitors with more than 33% disability
- Students under 26 years old
- Holders of the Euro Youth Card
- Residents of Málaga (only for the Permanent Collection)
- Large families (one adult and at least three children, or two, if one of them is disabled)
- Free admission every Sunday from 17:00 til closeing.
- Visitors under 18, and children under 13 accompanied by an adult
- Unemployed visitors who are registered with the Servicio Público de Empleo Estatal (only for the Permanent Collection)
- Students from the Universidad de Málaga (only for the Permanent Collection)
- Teachers and students who are studying Fine Arts or History of Art in statutory institutions
- Official Guides
- Members of ICOM
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Welcome to Malaga Flow!
Join our mailing list to be up to date on the latest news, events and everything happening in and around the beautiful city of Málaga.
The MF Team!